pages

Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Turtlenecks & Tartan


"Time will change it, I'm well aware, as winter changes the trees" - Emily Bronte







What I Wore: [Top: Gap, Skirt: Vintage (similar), Boots: Franco Sarto (similar), Earrings: J. Crew (similar), Lipstick: Bite Beauty "Cranberry"] 

I can't believe Christmas is already here, it seems like the weeks leading up to the holidays are always  such a blur, making it so that once break finally begins and I get to lay around watching Love, Actually with my dog for three days straight even better than usual. Since I go to school so far away from home being able to come home and be around my entire family at Christmastime is very special to me and something I look forward to all year. For my family, Christmas means food, movies, moon-lit walks through our woods, board games, and more food - AND I LOVE IT. 

Since Christmas day is usually spent in my footie pajamas, or some other comfy equivalent, I try to be a bit more festive on Christmas Eve. Granted, in my family all holidays are extremely casual so this is an outfit that I would just wear to class or any day of the week really, but I thought the tartan print wool skirt and cozy turtle neck made it feel a bit more Christmas-y than my usual "warm dress and black tights" option that I've been known to go for in the past. 

I hope you all have a lovely holiday season, are surrounded by those you love, are perpetually stuffed with delicious food and drink, and get some time to relax before gearing up to take on the new year! 
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10