pages

Saturday, December 20, 2014

Girls Online

If you follow me on any of my other social media sites, or know me in person, you may already know that for the past three months I've been working on a short documentary for one of my classes this semester. Naturally, the film is about blogging - hence why I am writing a post about it. When we were asked in September to come up with an idea of a documentary to pitch to the other students in the class my mind went almost immediately to blogging - it's something I'm passionate about, it's something that is really relevant for my generation, and it's something that not everyone knows a whole lot about. It turned out that the people in my class thought it sounded just as interesting as I did, and my topic was chosen to be one of the six films produced for the semester (out of 24!). 

I knew right away that I wanted to feature my two favorite Portland based bloggers, Tonya from The Moptop and Michelle from Hummingbird High. Once my group and I got in touch with Tonya and Michelle and they agreed to be apart of the film we got to work planning out our vision for the film, preparing interview questions and shot lists, and creating schedules for filming and editing. After that everything just seemed to fall into place somehow. Although it was a long process and at times a stressful one I can't explain how rewarding it's been. Getting to work with and learn from these two incredibly inspiring bloggers has been amazing, they were both so kind, helpful, and willing to talk about their stories and experiences in front of the camera - which I am so grateful for!

And now we have a finished product! It feels weird to finally be done (although I am excited for no more late night in the windowless editing studios). The big reveal in which our whole class will screen our films isn't until tomorrow night, but I just couldn't wait until then to share it - so here it is!




No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10