pages

Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Take Me Home

Today, it is overcast and dreary outside, I've got nothing to do, and am suffering from some pretty bad homesickness - homesickness for London that is. It's been about 2 months now since I said goodbye to the most amazing, life-changing, challenging, and unbelievable 4 months of my life and I think today is as good a day as any to share some of my favorite photos/memories to help soothe my homesick heart. Let's hope I don't start crying as we take this little walk down memory lane.......

Left: Visiting Harrods for the first time meant buying my first Chanel lipstick and crying real tears while getting to touch actual Valentino and Elie Saab. Right: Spontaneous adventures with my roommates in the hopes of finding London's best Pho

Left: Running around Hampstead Heath and having to take pictures like the one above for a class assignment (what?). Right: Meeting and talking with Eric Whitacre, one of my all time favorite choral composers 

Left: Spring break in France with some of my favorite people (pictured on our first day in Paris). Right: Having an impromptu tea party in the original Chanel store in Paris.

Left: This daily scene in our horribly crowded kitchen. Right: Baking cupcakes on valentines day for our entire group while watching the winter Olympics together (which meant mainly just talking about the ice skaters butts). 

Left: Laughing with Emily during our first night out at a pub. Right: Experiencing, and loving, my first butter beer at Harry Potter World!

Left: A beautiful day in Cambridge with these babes. Right: The best night ever in the Glasgow with my best girl. Many cocktails were had, stupid games were played, and we laughed the entire time. 

Left: High Tea at Kensington Palace while my best friend from Germany visited - without a doubt one of the most wonderfully British things that everyone should experience at least once! Right: Being in awe of the perfection that is Liberty every.single.time I went there.

Left: Getting to go to real-life fashion PR party with Ted and Kaylie which meant dressing up, drinking mojitos, talking to  people I aspire to be, saying "wow" a lot, and overall leaving very inspired. Right: Our fancy dinner cruise on the Thames during one of group's last nights in London - utterly magical and ridiculous all in one evening. 

Left: Sipping on many many hot drinks at my favorite cafe, The Vintage Emporium, in east London just off Brick Lane. Right: Having regular 'dog time' in local parks (Kaylie and I really missed our dogs). This particular photo is from our weekend in Scotland and it warms my heart every time I see it. 

Someone, PLEASE, put me on a flight back across the ocean now! 




No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10