pages

Monday, June 23, 2014

Work and Play: A Day to Night look

Day





Night



What I Wore: [Dress: Lucky Brand, Chambray Top: Gap - similar, Flats: Lucky Brand, Wedges: White Mountain (old), Earrings: Forever 21 (old), Bag: H&M (old)]

When I picked up this dress up a few weeks ago to wear to a family event I had no idea it was going to be such a versatile piece in my wardrobe - to be honest I thought it was going to be one of those "buy it for a specific occasion and then leave it at home while I am away at school" pieces. But now, after wearing it a few times and seeing the many ways it can be worn, that will definitely not be happening come September. The dress itself is ridiculously comfortable and easy to wear so pairing it with some of my favorite basics to create different looks didn't require much thought (but then again, what doesn't look better with a chambray shirt over it?). 

I wore the top look to work earlier this week - it's perfect for the warm weather, makes sitting at a desk all day comfortable, and it is still put together and modest enough for my work environment (this is going to be won a ton this fall once I go back to school, perfect for a long day of classes). By taking off my button up, throwing up my hair, and putting on some wedges, lipstick, and fun earrings I was quickly ready for an evening out after work. Unfortunately, I didn't actually end up wearing the evening look anywhere that night as my evening plans included 3.5 hours of rehearsal for the musical I am in which required a leotard and jazz shoes instead of a cute dress and heels. Alas, this outfit will have to be saved for a future occasion! 

Hope you all are having a wonderful Tuesday, or whatever day it is that you are reading this, thanks for stopping by!

Eva

No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10