pages

Monday, June 16, 2014

Dresses in the Desert







What I Wore: [Wrap Dress: H&M, Shoes: Bass via DSW, Earrings: homemade]

This past Friday I dragged myself out of bed at 3:30 am and headed to the airport to go surprise my best friend, Ali, with a little weekend visit. Ali and I have been best friends since the first grade (that makes it 14 years!) but for the past 4 years she has been living in Arizona, which means we only get to see each other once a year, twice if we are lucky. About six months ago her boyfriend, Dominic, and I started hatching a plan for me to come down and surprise her and I'm proud to say it went off without a hitch! It was so lovely to get to spend a few days with Ali that were filled with catching up on everything, eating fantastic Mexican food, hanging out with her dog Tank (pictured below), doing a bit of shopping, and me sweating a lot. 

As for clothing I kept things simple and light, as my main focus of the weekend was spending time with my best friend. Since I am a true Minnesotan and my max tolerable temperature is about 85 degrees - the only time I am ever in temperatures higher than that are my weekly hour long hot yoga classes - wearing this super light wrap dress was a great choice for the 100+ degree Tucson days. These photos were taken during a fleeting moment of me not looking like a hot, sweaty, mess. 

Tank is the new love of my life, just look at that face!

Beautiful sunset on my last night in town.
Ali's dress is from Express and shoes are from American Eagle 



No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10