pages

Saturday, February 21, 2015

In The Navy






What I Wore: [Shirt: old Zara (similar), Skirt: American Apparel, Booties: old Sam Edelman (similar), Bag: Madewell, Jacket: Gap, Earrings: old Forever21 (similar)]

Recently I've been feeling pretty uninspired by my current wardrobe and being a college student I have a pretty tight budget when it comes to what I can spend on clothes, so to remedy this problem I've been doing my best to work with what I have and change up the way I've been wearing things as we head into the warmer months. This outfit is made up of some of my most favorite staple pieces - the top was the first thing I ever bought from Zara when I was 16 and went to Germany for a school trip, the navy skirt is my version of the perfect pair of jeans and I wear it at least once a week, and these booties have seen me though everything - but for some reason before today I had never put these three pieces together. I've got a weird thing about wearing shades of blue that are too close to being the same shade together (I never wear a blue top with blue jeans, etc.) so I never considered this top as being able to go with this skirt, but because of the pattern and color accents I think the navy on navy works - the combination almost looks a bit like a dress actually. I very easily get in the habit of rotating my same favorite "outfit combinations" without thinking to break up the pieces and put them with something else, (it's a little hard to do when you wear dresses all the time) slowly but surely though I think I am beginning to expand my outfit options without having to purchase a whole new wardrobe.


No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10