pages

Thursday, February 26, 2015

Hearing, Reading, Wearing, Watching: February

Poetry 
This month I've been reading a lot more poetry than I ever have before (which was none), it's just something that's never really been on my radar until recently. At the moment I've really been enjoying the work of Warsaw Shire and Nayyirah Waheed, two incredible young females poets whose work is so incredibly honest, raw, and relevant that I just find myself reading and re-reading each and every poem of theirs that I come across. I've always felt that I'm not very articulate or good at putting things into words so finding someone else's writing that feels like it was written about you and your experiences is quite incredible - so much of what I read by these women resonates to deeply with me and my own experiences right now. If you have any recommendations of other poets I should check out please let me know - I'd love to expand my library!

Warsan Shire
via piclist

Nayyirah Waheed
via Tumblr

Current Playlist
There hasn't been a specific album or artist I've been listening to this month so here is my current playlist, which is just mainly an accumulation of random songs I hear places that have nothing to do with each other, but that's the way I like it! What have you been listening to this month?


Body Scrub
The weather here in Portland has been unusually sunny and warm these past few weeks (which I am beyond thrilled about) so there have been a few days in there that I have left the house, dare I say it, tightsless. In order to get my legs feeling super soft and smooth (this detracts from how pale they are when the world has to see them) I've been using this body scrub from Soap & Glory. It's a brand I've heard a lot about hype about through bloggers and vloggers but have never really gotten the chance to try out. Luckily for me, my mom sent me the Pulp Friction scrub for Valentines Day and I've really been enjoying using it ever since. It smells great, is just the right amount of abrasive, and turns into a nice creamy texture after it's been rubbed - 10/10 from me!



Birdman
Last weekend, just a few days before the Oscars, I went and saw Birdman with a few of my friends. I'd heard so much about the film, and everything that I had heard was really really positive, so going into the film I had a feeling it was going to be worth the trip to the movie theatre and I've got to say I was not disappointed. There was not one aspect of the film that I thought could have been improved. I was definitely most blown away by the amazing cinematography (I didn't stop talking about it all night after the film) but I thought the writing, acting, and else everything was just fantastic - it was just such a well done and entertaining film. Obviously, I highly recommend you checking this film out if you're even just the littlest bit interested in it - I mean it won four Oscars, that's gotta count for something!



No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10