pages

Thursday, March 5, 2015

Spring Break Makeup Bag





As I'm writing this it is currently 16 days until I leave for spring break and I'm finding it very hard to think about anything else. This year I'll be spending my week off in Arizona (splitting my time between Scottsdale and Sedona) with my parents and it seems that every time I sit down in the library in the hopes of getting some work done thoughts of warm weather and margaritas pull all my focus. I haven't officially started packing yet, but being the type A personality I am I've been making plenty of lists, including the makeup I plan on taking - so let's talk lipstick.

My face makeup never really changes (see this post for details) so the only products that I'm going to talk about in this post are ones that a little more occasion specific. For eye make-up I find it easiest to just bring one palette when traveling. For this trip I decided to go with the Lorac Pro 2 because it's got such a nice mix of matte and shimmer shadows in every shade I could need. I decided to leave the black liquid liner at home and opt for a simple brown kohl liner from Smashbox instead, as it's more natural looking, takes less time to put on in the morning, and somehow seemed more "spring break-y" in my mind.

For bronzer I decided to go with my Tarte Park Avenue Princess bronzer, since it's a bit darker than the one Body Shop one I wear most days and it has a hint of shimmer in it, which I think will be nice to wear while I pretend to get some version of a tan. I limited myself to only one blush, which is my travel size Josie Maran Watercolor Cheek Gelee because it's tiny, long lasting, and looks really natural on my skin.

Finally, I'm just packing two options for my lips - a bright one and a more natural one. For the bright option I chose Bobbi Brown's Sheer Lip Color in "Rosy" which was a impulse purchase influenced by my favorite youtuber EsteƩ. It's a lovely coral-rose color which think will be really nice to pair with all of the bright colors I plan to wear while in Arizona. The other choice was a no brainer, as I wear this Clinique chubby stick in "Curviest Caramel" 3 or 4 days a week. It's just the most perfect "not quite nude" color for everyday.

And that's it! I'm hoping that I can stick to this minimalist makeup bag when I do the actual packing - I have been known to go overboard in the lipstick department before (note: I packed 13 lipstick to bring home during my winter break).

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10