pages

Sunday, June 14, 2015

Jump In



What I Wore: Jumpsuit - Lucky Brand, Wedges: old White Mountain (similar), Bag: Madewell

This post is a long time in the making. When jumpsuits came into style I searched high and low for one that would fit me, I'm quite tall (about 6 feet with in these shoes) and have an abnormally long torso, but never had much success. While I was home for a few weeks at the beginning of May I was in TJ Maxx picking up some things now for my new house and stumbled upon this jumpsuit hanging on the racks. I immediately fell in love with the print and cut of it but because of my experiences with one-pieces in the past I had a sinking feeling that I shouldn't even try it on (I once ripped a romper while trying it on at a store, oops!). But after some coaxing from my mom I took it to the dressing room, tried it on, and was utterly dumbfounded when it fit. After that there was absolutely no question as to whether or not it was going home with me. Not having clothes fit the way you want can be so discouraging because it can often make you feel like you and your body are at fault. I can't buy shorts from this store because my thighs are too big and I can't wear this one-size-fits-all dress because I'm too tall. Bullshit. It's the designer's fault, every time. Because what's the point of putting thought into getting dressed every morning if it's not to make you feel great? But that's just my two cents.


No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10