pages

Saturday, May 4, 2013

My Skincare Routine

I’ve finally found the right combination products that make my skin the best it have ever been, well past childhood that is. I thought I would share what I use in the hopes that maybe it’ll be helpful for someone, or just mildly interesting. I have used all of these products for at least 5 months now, although many of them for much longer, and I am very impressed with how they’ve worked.


I have extremely oily and acne prone skin that I’ve struggled with for years. Luckily it’s not sensitive so I am able to use harsher products that really cleanse deeply and work well.


Onward!imageAbove are the products I use to take off my makeup at night. First, I use the Boots No 7 Quick Thinking 4-in-1 Wipes to remove my face make up, then I apply some of this Cold Cream to really deeply remove the last bits of my face makeup before I start to cleanse. This addition to my skincare routine has made SUCH a difference! Finally, after I am done cleansing my face and have mascara and eyeliner everywhere I use one of these Almay Makeup Removing Rounds, I’ve probably used these for 4 years, they’re really great. 


imageMoving on to actually washing my face, I swear by the Body Shop Tea Tree line which is formulated for oily acne prone skin and it has really really improved the quality of my skin, I’ve been using this line for probably a year and a half now. I use the Skin Clearing Facial Wash in the morning because it’s nice and gentle and then I use the Blackhead Exfoliating Wash in the evening to get away all the nastiness of the day and isn’t too abrasive to use everyday. After using either of washes I make sure to follow up with the Skin Clearing Toner on a cotton ball, great stuff!


imageEven with oily skin, it’s really important to properly moisturize so that your skin doesn’t create even more oil, these are what I like to use. Aveeno Positively Radiant Daily Moisturizer in the morning, Clinique Repairwear Eye Cream in the evening, and this awesome Nivea lip butter and chapstick.


imageFinally, I use a prescription topical acne treatment all over my face every night, this also has made a huge difference. If you are unhappy with your skin and haven’t been having success with normal washes and cleansers I cannot recommend going to your doctor or dermatologist enough, for me it was really worth all the visits.


I hope this post was helpful to someone, talk to you all soon!


Good luck on finals to those who are in the midst of them :)


-Eva

No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10